The Munroe Ocean Race which is notorious for its delay because of unfavorable weather conditions has started this year in ideal condition. The 62nd edition of this ocean race noticed a less elapsed time in the Sailfish Club of Florida, in the 2nd event of SORC, 2018-19 in the streaming series. The 2-course format which started on 7 December in Miami and Fort Lauderdale of Florida witnessed 28 teams who raced in almost perfect conditions.
MOD 70 trimaran of Jason Carroll which was from the Larchmont New York Yacht Club was the first to take line honors. He finished the course of 60 miles from Miami to the Palm Beach in almost 3 hours, his average was around 20 knots and he also broke the record of elapsed time which was set in last year by Austin and the Gwen Dragon’s Interlodge Volvo 70. It’s an impressive follow up to his win at Cowes.
While on the other hand, the Monohull record which was set by Interlodge was broken by the new Botin Maxi 72 which is owned by Hai Faith who is also the syndicate of the NY Yacht Club’s America’s Cup Challenge by finishing the course of Miami in less than 4 ½ hours.
The chairman of the event expressed his pleasure by saying that “we are very happy that the race in this year proved to be a complete success at each and every level and the hard work put by us came out to be fruitful. This event will set the stage for many upcoming events and reflects the emerging momentum in the racing scene of South Florida.”
A lot of records were broken in this event which included spectacular weather conditions, a diverse fleet throughout a broad spectrum which comprised of newcomers and veterans alike. The different thing that happened in this year’s event was the introduction of a two-course format.
The sailing’s governing body; head (former)
joined the team of other sailing officials. The team was formed for questioning
the vote results related to the add a mixed-gender to the 2024 Olympics,
offshore class. The team has been created by the decision of authorities to
check any discrepancy in the selection process of boats.
Paul Henderson from Toronto is the was the
member of the International
Olympic Committee (IOC). He wrote a letter
and shared to the Kim Andersen the President of World Sailing from Denmark that
few of the votes have been recorded inappropriately at the time last held annual conference. It held in Sarasota, Florida. In the letter, he said that the
governing body has to re-open the issue and check if everything is farther
letter had the words, “Your quick consideration of this inopportune condition
is in order. We are looking into the matter and very soon will come to some
He was the president of International Sailing
Federation (ISAF) the old name of the federation and it was between the years
1994-2004. He was the member of IOC as well between the years 2000-04.The
incident came into the limelight when World Sailing’s
Council’s nearly four members claimed that their votes had been recorded
improperly, and these should have been able to defeat the proposal of offshore.
While, during the process of offshore
class approval, the Finn class that is in
the Olympics after 1952, would move to the post-Tokyo Games 2020.
Andersen, on the other hand, said after the
World Sailing finished the voting process overview, “We all want some time to
think and decide what is the appropriate action that should be taken next in
The minimalism is an artistic movement that uses only minimal and essential elements. Let’s know more about the same now.
For example: “you would like to implement minimalism in the decoration of your home,” the artist is one of the maximum referents of minimalism in contemporary painting, “you do not like minimalism, you prefer baroque ornaments and full of details.” The intention of minimalism, therefore, is to generate meaning from the minimum. This requires simplifying the elements used, appealing to simple language, pure colors, and simple lines.
Minimalism also has its reflection in philosophy or way of life that proposes to dedicate itself to what is essential and to discard everything unnecessary as a way to achieve personal fulfillment.
Minimalism in music
Minimalism: It is known as minimalist music to a genre that originated in North America in the 1960s, cataloged as experimental, which is based on the use of constant pulses, in slow transformations, in consonant harmony, in static elements and in general uses small musical phrases that are repeated.
Despite the interest that aroused in many American composers, only four of them achieved notoriety through musical minimalism. The design of minimalist music recognizes some familiar typologies, according to the North American music experts, which are exposed below:
- Static harmony: refers to the tendency not to change chords, or to retrograde or direct movement within a group of chords;
- Repeated short motifs: without a doubt, the most characteristic feature of minimalism in music.
- Static rhythm: usually motorized, although sometimes merely reduced to a moderate repertoire of temporary durations;
- Static instrumentation: more than one instrument sounds at the same time, playing the same melody, unlike writing where all the lines complement each other and form a drawing impossible to represent if any of them is missing;
- Meta-music: this term refers to specific details that have not been planned, and that grow or that are amplified, as if it were a collateral effect.
- Oriental elements: in compositions by Glass, Young and Riley, for example, one can find a notable influence of music from India, while in the creations of Reich you can perceive elements of African music;
- The purity of the song: the essence of the song is distilled, it does not hide details and many times a lexical meaning is not appreciated. Instead, the rhythm and repetition of motives stand out.
Hope now you get the proper answer of the question what is minimalism, and how it is correlated with our daily life. If you can follow its rules correctly, you will find a new way to live your life.
The newspaper is a printed media of social communication that, as its name says, is published periodically depending on the demand of its public and the specialty it has. Its main function is to inform and entertain the reader, as well as being a promoter of various social movements throughout history. Although your print run is served daily, you will always find different news or topics.
The Right Creation
The creation of this one takes place through a careful and arduous work in team, where each and every one of the parts that compose it carry out developed activities of investigation quite relevant and maintain a high degree of coordination to maintain the audience with truthful information and updated. In case of World News also you will have to be the best judge.
- Journalists, copywriters, photographers, infographics artists, model makers, printers and technicians in word processing, are some of the people who day after day work in a demanding industry but at the same time enriching in content.
- The newspaper occupies one of the first places in means of easier access within society. This is due to the need of the public to have knowledge of those events they have within the country as in other nations in the economic, political, artistic, cultural, sports, science, etc.
The Newspaper Reading
The reading of a newspaper not only nourishes the general culture, but also offers the opportunity to obtain information and to learn about a specialized topic, which depending on your interests or curiosity, you will be able to enjoy.
- In the most recent years and with the era of new technologies, the press underwent a transformation, which far from being negative as many thought it, brought benefits in terms of the instantaneity of the notes. Upon entering the web, they managed to obtain a greater number of readers, increase their rate of update and complement the news and information by adding videos and multiple images.
- There are certain newspapers that are specialized for specific audiences. We can find different types of that give the profile of particular social groups, age groups, geographical regions, work activities, specific interests such as sports, international, shows or politics.
Being informed of the daily events in the country is extremely important. Do not lose knowledge and read a newspaper.
Here are some tips on reading this medium:
Do not make value judgments or a critical point of view about news item, remember that many times the note comes very fresh and not all the parts of it are included and therefore it is incomplete. We recommend you continue to complement the news in the following days and so soak in more of it.
- If you are a regular reader of the columns, keep in mind that the columnists are not unequivocal in their observations. We recommend reading them with a critical spirit, in order to form your own criteria.
- Each newspaper has its own ideology, so we recommend you read differently so that you can compare with value judgment.